Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hello Everyone!

I've decided that, on my judgment day, I don't want to look back on my life wishing I had done more or possibly done things differently. I believe that in the end we will wish that we had spent less time obsessed with what people think and more time enjoying our lives and the people around us. I feel that I have already wasted many years caring about what other people think; there are probably many more years to come that I will waste. Things take time and changing your outlook on life is no exception. Changing what has become routine is no easy task.

"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"-Robert Schuller. This has become one of my favorite quotes. I am so afraid to fail that I end up missing out on a lot of "could be" great opportunities. I'm stuck at a job I hate and constantly wonder if I'm making the right choice concerning my major. I love helping people do things that they can't do for themselves. I believe that if your life isn't spent helping someone else, trying to make the world a better place, then it's not worth it. Why were we put on this earth if not to help? From this comes true happiness and content. This is love at its best; however, what if I'm meant for something else. The "bum life" is quite appealing to me, but it wouldn't be fulfilling.

I want to look back on my life and be able to say that I lived it to the fullest. I want to have fun; I want to love and be loved; I want to smile; I want to live without regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment